Friday, December 24, 2021

Rennea's Battle Vs Covid, Vertigo and His Minions

We got hit!

Day zero:
 We got hit! Chills, fever, cough, loss of smell- that was the beating that Maurizio got!

Day one: An immense fatigue, exhaustion really - that was my beating, 


I thought I was having an effect of the booster shot. Tiredness was expected.


Day five: A quick test confirmed what we imagined when we lost our sense of smell. A virus with pointy crowns came to visit our bodies. We do not know when or where it came from. He did not have an invitation. Perhaps, at some point, we let our guard down?


Maurizio quickly recovered.

 

I stayed in bed for a week, taking fluids and supplements and waiting for the fatigue to pass. Food had no taste. I slept a lot, and I listened to books on tape. Exhaustion was my only symptom.


All was very calm and cheerful, celebrating that we were vaccinated and in awe of the mildness of our symptoms.


Patience, a week will pass quickly.


🦠          🦠        🦠          🦠


Until HE knocked on the door, a Covid groupie.

Until HE knocked on the door, a Covid groupie.


Day twelve: A day in which I woke up wanting to say hello to the sun; I felt slightly recovered after convalescing for almost two weeks. But alas, when doing downward dog asana, I felt quite an unusual dizziness. I blamed it on getting up too fast and stopped the exercise to rest. After a while, I felt better and had a typical day. I did not know what was coming.


That night, when I went to the bathroom, I felt like I was extremely drunk. I felt like in the comic books when a brick hits your head, and you have a whirl of little birds over you. Going back and forth to the bathroom was like being on a boat during a storm, and I would hold onto walls and doors to keep from falling. The following day when I woke up, I could not turn my head or sit in bed without everything spinning. I felt nauseous and asked for a bucket and towel in case I needed to vomit.


His name is Vertigo. Do you know him? Horrible!





Day thirteen: From that day on, I couldn't move without feeling dizzy. Even without moving, I felt a wavy sea in my head. If I moved my head, I had to wait a few moments for the wave to pass.


I started keeping my head still like a robot and using my eyes to look to the sides. I wished for a neck brace so I wouldn't inadvertently turn my head. Sometimes even in the still position, I was dizzy. : ( 


That continued for five long days. The first three, I didn't even get up to eat. I had hot broth in bed. It was the only thing I felt like having: soup and tea. 


Maurizio used this opportunity to make a different kind of soup every night: beef broth with bone and rump, shredded chicken and vegetables, and Cioppino-style fish soup. Never a dull soup!





Maurizio used this opportunity to make a different kind of soup every night


Amid dizzy spells, I did the typical google search on the internet and listened to the advice of friends, which is our modern way of getting ahead of the doctors. It's not the best practice, but it's what we all do. Don't we?


My wellness consultants were my mother, my neighbor in Venezuela victim of this same malady, my sister -who has an internet-PhD in Covid Defense Tactics-, my doctor friends and a few medical reports published on the web. I concluded on a diagnosis of vestibular neuritis (inflammation of the vestibulocochlear nerve), which affected my balance and produced Vertigo. Many people are reporting it, but there is no specific study yet on the matter related to COVID. (None that I found)


The treatments used consisted of intravenous steroids for inflammation and antihistamines for nausea. Recovery times were between 2 and 3 weeks after treatment.



The arrow points to the inflamed nerve- bad news!





Patience, how long will this keep going on?


I did not have the opportunity to speak with a doctor during the first few days; I was unable to get an appointment. This meant either going to the emergency room at SFGH (San Francisco General Hospital) or waiting. I chose the second. I decided on ibuprofen every six hours 400mg, supplements for my immune system (See list below), plenty of fluids, and rest—a choice selected from all info collected plus community-forum expertise. 


Maurizio postponed his trip to Italy a couple of times to take care of me and feed me. Thank God he was with me! I'm so appreciative that he was at all times attentive to what I needed.


Day seventeen: we took the test and came out negative for covid. 🎶 "Ya no estas mas a mi lado corazón" 🎶 but I was still out of commission.


My sister has an internet-PhD in Covid Defense Tactics!



Day eighteen: even with the dizziness caused by the car's movements, the curves, the potholes, the speed bumps, we drove to Marin to see my doctor expecting a medicine that would stop my symptoms or fix the origin of my dizziness.


Her suggestion was not what I expected. I was hoping for a pill, maybe a potent steroid, that would immediately take away the bad in one day. I was already eighteen days on this boat, and the latest heavy swaying inside my head was disabling me.


But you know, acting like exemplary terrorists, these covid minions attack cunningly. The disorders we get are the aftermath of the virus passing through. Lingering sequels are the ones that cause you the most damage—inflammation, inflammation, inflammation. Not even the most attentive doctor knows where -which organ- or when -at what moment even after covid- they will attack!


So, no. The doctor suggested that I continue to do the same, the same? I asked in disbelief. Yes, the same: helping my immune system with rest, fluids, supplements, and she suggested increasing the ibuprofen to 600mg every four hours and some extras that I added to my list. It takes time - is what everyone else says, and so did she.


Patience, maybe two more weeks from now


It takes time - is what everyone else says



Day twenty-one: not three days had passed since my acceptance that I had no choice but to give it time when suddenly I began feeling better. Surprise! I expected to be helpless for at least two more weeks! No, no, no, this is great!


Oh, what a glorious day I cleaned, wrote, walked on the beach. Wow!


Day twenty-three: today, I feel normal, twenty-three days after the unwelcome guest showed up.


And I thought it would be nice to celebrate: My body is the best! ... I helped her in the fight, and we won (I think) this battle.


My body is the best! ... I helped her in the fight, and we won this battle.


Maurizio goes now to Italy with the peace of mind that I feel well.


The covid and his minions did their thing.


Three Pfizer shots and my super-body held a tough battle.

 

Rest and vitamins came to the rescue.


Patience allowed my mind not to get too caught in the unraveling storm inside my body. Having faith that my super immune system could fight was the best for me. I was not anguished, desperate, or fearful.


I hope that now "no me entre ni coquito" ... but you never know.


🦠          🦠        🦠          🦠


My best Christmas gift has been my increased immunity.


Over now.


PS, What could I have done differently? I would have taken hydroxychloroquine at the onset of the first symptoms; it would have saved me from much of the subsequent inflammation. Initially, I did not know I had Covid; I thought it was a reaction to the vaccine. When I decided I'd like to treat it with hydroxychloroquine, I could not get the necessary prescription to buy the medicine here in the United States. My doctor said she would have prescribed that if she had known at the onset of my first symptoms. We just didn't connect. Timing is essential!


LIST OF IMMUNE SUPPORT AID

Cytozyme AD- an adrenal support

Vitamin C- 3000 mg a day 

Liposomal Vitamin C- 1000 mg

Beta Glucan 250 mg

Zinc 30mg

Vitamin D 10.000 IU

Milk Thistle in capsules


DRINKS

Turmeric Drink - anti-inflammatory

Tbs turmeric powder, black pepper to taste, cinnamon, coconut oil, milk (I used oat milk)


Apple Cider Drink- to alkalinize your blood

apple cider, lemon, honey, cinnamon, water


Dandelion Tea



 

No comments: