Monday, October 06, 2008

Flattened



flattened


Little by little it weighs me down
and I can't breath anymore.
I feel as if I had a big blob over my body
and gravity flattens me against the ground.

"Go away lethargy!"

Can't do much but drag myself
and try to get out from underneath.
All my energy today is just about
escaping this humongous beast.

If you call me, invite me to go out,
ask me to join you to sing or to play I may go.
But then again I may just say: "later"
No one gets to see this bulky monster.

Today I just do the least I can do to get by.
I work with a smile, I meet you with a smile,
I sing with a smile in my face but then,
as soon as I am alone I fall exhausted.

And to lighten this fatigue
I sing a lullaby, like the one I sang to him
three Wednesdays ago.

"I don't want to see you around."

Little by little it fades away
and it becomes nothing.

No comments: